Now open – public ballot for the Armed Forces Day Guildford Cathedral Service
Guildford will be the focus for the whole country on Saturday 27 June, as local people and thousands of visitors join service personnel, cadets and veterans to thank everyone working in our Armed Forces – the Royal Navy, the Army and the Royal Air Force.
Guildford Borough Council and partners are planning an exciting line-up of family-focused activities for about 60,000 people, including:
• a special service in Guildford Cathedral (at 9.30am – ticketed event)
• a spectacular military parade (at 11.30am – from the bottom of the High Street to Stoke Park)
• action-packed show in Stoke Park (stalls and static displays from 10.30am with music, entertainment and live action from 1.30pm until 7.30pm when the event closes)
There is a public ballot for free tickets to attend the Cathedral service, as places are limited.
No tickets are required to watch the parade through the town or to enter the free Stoke Park event.
Sue Sturgeon, Managing Director of Guildford Borough Council, says: “Saturday 27 June is going to be an exciting and a very memorable day. Hosting the Armed Forces Day National Event for the whole UK will be the biggest celebration we’ve ever had in our borough.
“If you want to attend Guildford Cathedral, please enter our public ballot. This is the only way to get the free public tickets for this prestigious service, and places are limited. You don’t need any tickets to watch the military parade through the town or to enter Stoke Park to see the free displays, entertainment and other thrilling activities we have planned.
“I hope that you will join us, the tens of thousands of visitors and some very special guests, on Saturday 27 June to enjoy this wonderful national celebration. I wish you good luck if you also enter our Cathedral Service public ballot.”
To enter the public ballot to attend the Cathedral Service
• Please enter your details online HERE
• If you do not have online access please call 0330 1230088 to request a paper form to return by post.
• The closing date for all Cathedral Service ballot entries is midnight on Sunday 10 May 2015.
• Tickets will be posted to applicants of chosen ballot entries that pass the security vetting checks between 16 and 19 June 2015. If you do not hear from us by 20 June that means, unfortunately, your ballot entry was unsuccessful.
Further information and summary of key conditions
Successful entries will be randomly selected after the closing date. Each person on the selected ballot entries will then be subject to strict security vetting before we issue tickets to allow entry to the service.
Full terms and conditions will be available when entering the ballot and will be sent with tickets to successful applicants.
1. The ballot is open to all and only one ballot entry is permitted per household.
2. A ballot entry can be made for a maximum of 6 people.
3. Each person on a ballot entry needs a ticket to attend the Cathedral Service and details about each person are required, including children and babies. All tickets are non-transferable.
All details on the ballot entry form must be completed for each person to enable security vetting before tickets are issued.
4. All ticket holders aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult ticket holder aged 18 years or over.
5. Requests for wheelchair space must be indicated on the ballot entry.
6. Ticket holders must go through security checks and be seated in Guildford Cathedral by 8.50am on Saturday 27 June. The doors open at 7.45am and only one small bag per person is allowed.
7. There will be no buggy or pram access or storage available at the Cathedral.
8. There will be no public parking at Guildford Cathedral – local parking information will be sent with tickets.
9. Ticket holders could be inside the Cathedral for about 2 hours and there is no access to any toilet facilities.
10. Adult ticket holders will need additional photo identification such as passports or driving licence cards to gain entry to Guildford Cathedral on 27 June 2015.
11. We will only inform successful applicants in writing with their ticket. We will send no other communication regarding successful or unsuccessful entries.
12. Tickets will only be issued if all people named on a ballot entry pass the security vetting.
13. Public tickets for the Cathedral Service will only be available via the public ballot and will not be available by contacting Guildford Borough Council or Guildford Cathedral in writing, by email, by telephone or in person.
You can find out more information, including volunteering opportunities HERE
We will regularly update this website with the latest plans and announcements. It will also contain help and advice regarding any possible impact from the national event.
If you have any specific questions, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0330 1230088.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.