Assistant Manger (Comedy & Arts Events Organisation)
Are you looking for a career in a fast growing, creative business? Are you a lover of the arts and comedy? Do you have the drive to run events and can you deliver first class customer service? If so this role is for you.
Based in Guildford with a requirement to travel to a variety of venues, Gag House Comedy Clubs are searching for a self-motivated assistant manager to help run and develop events at various clubs. The role will include running front of house, operating sound and lighting, greeting the comedians, welcoming the audience and interacting with venue managers.
The role will also include office based administrative duties including liaising with comedy booking agents, placing comics on internal spreadsheets, sending reminder emails to performers, uploading club details to the Gag House website, inputting social media campaigns and assisting with flyer distribution.
Gag House Comedy Clubs is part of Guildford Fringe Theatre Company LTD, a fast growing entertainment group, founded by Nick Wyschna in 2012. From the first comedy club in Guildford the group now manages clubs in 7 different venues across the Surrey, Sussex and Kent region, with more planned in the near future. Charlotte Bateup joined the management team in January 2016 and the group are now ready to take the next stage in the development of the company.
- A passion for the arts and a good working knowledge of the industry
- Self motivated with the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied work-load to meet strict deadlines
- Technical Skills to run a small PA and lighting rig (training will be given)
- Flexible approach to duties and working hours
- Willingness to work anti-social hours as required
- A professional image
- Passionate about delivering first-class customer service
- Easily approachable
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Ability to deal with people in an effective and diplomatic manner
- Full driving licence and be willing to travel
- Organisational skills
- WordPress knowledge a bonus (Training can be supplied)
- MailChimp knowledge a bonus (Training can be supplied)
The role will grow as the business develops but initially there will be the guarantee of 20 hours a week. Salary will be between £10-12 per hour, depending on experience.
Please apply by sending your CV and a short message explaining why you should be chosen to fill this job position to Nick Wyschna at nick@GuildfordFringe.com
Job Vacancy – Assistant Manger (Comedy & Arts Events Organisation)
By Guildford Fringe Festival